Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Earn, Spend and Save

A very long time ago when I was still a pre-graduate attending high school I wrote this:
" After completion of my public schooling and obtaining a grade twelve education my greatest ambition is to become a professional artist. Ever since I could maneuver a pencil I valued drawing alongside my three brothers, naturally striving to out perform them. Recently, I enjoy putting as much detail as possible into my pictures, which can easily take hours to accomplish. Samples of my illustrations have been exhibited in such public locations as the Melita library and the RCI library. Presently my intention is to attend a three year illustration course at Sheridan College which is located on the outskirts of Mississauga, Ontario. I would very much like to have an occupation doing what I enjoy which is why a professional artist is well suited for someone such as myself. "

Things have changed since then. Not much mind you but yes, they have changed in such an unpredictable way that not I nor anyone else could have foreseen. It is true. No longer do I intend on attending this three year illustration course of which I spoke. Sad, I know but please, I mean not to mislead you. For I indeed still have great interest in the art of illustration. Yes, in fact I hope to attend a one year Art Fundamentals course at Sheridan College! Having already been accepted for a September start my chances are looking rather good. With much anticipation I, untill then, will continue to work on my "work for a year" plan. Earning, spending and saving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just now noticed that you had a new entry! It's very good too. I really like the foot.
Love,
YM

Krig the Viking said...

You have to admit, that is a pretty awesome foot.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Yea, Foots are cool.